Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Missing Innocence

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to go back to your childhood and relive it again, just so you could make it better? To make new memories, or even to relive the ones gone past. It seems like now a days, nobody want their innocence back. It’s all about growing up, and getting married, and having kids, and getting jobs. Nobody takes chances to imagine anymore. It’s all about money and keeping food on the table. I’m not saying that keeping ends meet is a bad thing, no. My point is, why cant we all keep some of our innocence with us? Why must we all grow up so fast?

One of my absolute favorite movies is Finding Neverland. It shows exactly what I’m talking about. About how life can have its ups and downs, but there’s really no point in living if you don’t take the time to have fun. Sometimes even I like to go to Neverland. No, I’m not mental, I’m serious. I like to just sit down someplace quiet, and just imagine what I could be doing. Or, simply think of a place that nobody else can get to, and dwell on the lovely thoughts that captivate it in my mind. A place where there is no drama, no pain, nor any kind of sad or depressing thought. It’s a place I love to venture to in books and movies, but nothing beats my own imagination. If only more people in my generation had an imagination. Teens now a days are starting to date and have sex starting at the very youngest 12 or 13, and are subject to the peer pressure starting in late elementary school! Now, I don’t know about you, but maybe…just maybe there is something wrong with this picture. Kids now a days want to grow up. They don’t want to dwell on little petty things like reading or taking a long walk down the ocean front just to hear the waves roar. Granted, I’m not your typical seventeen year old kid, but, eh – I have my moments where I would rather be partying then doing something more innocent.

I guess I just wish that I personally could have more time to just be a child again. To not have to worry about if I will have enough money to pay for tuition next year, or if I will ever find a job that pays well enough, & I’m really tired of just getting by. But I can tell you one thing, every small time I do take to do something childish, I feel so much more relaxed afterwards. I feel like there is this huge release of pressure whenever I take an hour or two to write my thoughts down in my journal, or to write a short story, or do a painting, or simply sit outside on the swing and listen to the wind blow the trees. I suppose its just one of thoughs times where I thank God that I’m alive, instead of complaining about what I still am yet to have.

No comments: